Do you want to make a difference? We have an ideal opportunity our of the Quincy, MA headquarters for an Associate Engineer that provides technical support to assigned projects. The idea candidate would work under close supervision and within clearly defined guidelines as established by the NFPA Regulations Governing Committee Project. He or she would also serve as a focal point for advisory services and related areas in support of the technical subjects relating to the committee assignments.
Principal responsibilities for this position include:
- Technical Committee– Manages basic technical committee activities and projects throughout document development process, serving to provide technical assistance with compliance with the NFPA Standards Development Process.
- Product Development – Collaborates with and assists senior staff with compilation of information and review for product development activities within the area of expertise.
- Technical Services – Provides basic technical services in support of internal and external association activities within their area of expertise to support the adoption and use of the assigned standards; ensures consistency with NFPA positions.
- Cross functional activities – Participates in related association cross functional activities providing technical review and input within area of expertise to meet association goals.
- Special Projects – Manages special projects as assigned.
- Budgetary Criteria – Provides required budgetary information for assigned projects.
Requirements for this position include a Bachelors degree in chemical or mechanical engineering, the ability to prepare correspondence, data and presentation materials using Microsoft Office and 0 – 3 years experience.Apply now!