The NFPA Standards Council will be meeting this week on July 30-August 1, 2013 at NFPA Headquarters in Quincy, MA. At this meeting, some of the topics the Council will address include:
- appeals on the issuance of NFPA 25, NFPA 58, NFPA 70, NFPA 130, NFPA 502, NFPA 1061
- issuance of the Annual 2013 documents with Certified Amending Motions
- issuance of proposed TIAs on NFPA 37, NFPA 58, NFPA 70, NFPA 99, NFPA 130, NFPA 502, NFPA 1951, NFPA 1971, NFPA 1981, NFPA 1982, NFPA 2112
- new projects/documents on application of hybrid, gas, and fine water droplet systems; training, structures, props, and equipment
- consider requests from Committees to change revision cycle schedules and committee scopes
The NFPA Standards Council is a 13-person committee appointed by the NFPA Board of Directors that oversees the Association's codes and standards development activities, administers the rules and regulations, and acts as an appeals body. The Council administers about 250 NFPA Technical Committees and their work on nearly 300 documents addressing topics of importance to the built environment.