We recently shared the news with you all that after three decades of leading NFPA’s Fire Analysis and Research Division, Dr. John R. Hall, Jr. is retiring from NFPA. We appreciate all he has done for NFPA and will miss him, but wish him the best in retirement.
While filling his shoes may be tough, we know there is someone out there who will be perfect for the job! If you want to make a difference, we have an ideal opportunity for you to become the new Division Director, responsible for the Association’s data collection, research and analysis programs.
Principal responsibilities for this position include:
- Setting strategy, objectives and priorities, plans and programs related to the Association’s data collection, research and analysis initiatives.
- Monitoring operations and supervising staff to implement and ensure the quality of these programs.
- Managing, leading and contributing to analysis and interpretations of conclusions drawn from fire data in support of the Association’s advocacy, standards development and other activities.
- Developing strategy and overseeing implementation of internal and external communications programs to maximize the technical and policy impact of Division activities.
- Maintaining liaison with policy and technical organizations to ensure the relevance and impact of the Divisions’ activities.
- Participates in Association advocacy and policy planning and development.
- Seeks funding sources, prepares proposals and manages funded projects in support of the Division’s mission.
- Planning, preparing, budgets and overseeing expenditures to support the above activities.
Job requirements can be found on our careers website. Interested candidates may also apply through our website.