NFPA documents in the Fall 2016 revision cycle are now accepting Public Input through NFPA's online submission system.
To submit public input using the online submission system, select the document from the list of NFPA codes and standards or search for documents available for public input using the search feature. Once on the document information page of a specific document, select "The next edition of this standard is now open for Public Input (formerly proposals)" to begin the process. The system automatically pulls in text and shows any changes in “track changes”. You can submit input or start and save your work in progress before the January 5, 2015 closing date.
If you have any questions when using the online submission system, feel free to contact us by email.
Some of the Fall 2016 revision cycle documents:
- NFPA 10, Standard for Portable Fire Extinguishers
- NFPA 51, Standard for the Design and Installation of Oxygen-Fuel Gas Systems for Welding, Cutting, and Allied Processes
- NFPA 96, Standard for Ventilation Control and Fire Protection of Commercial Cooking Operations
- NFPA 301, Code for Safety to Life from Fire on Merchant Vessels
- NFPA 402, Guide for Aircraft Rescue and Fire-Fighting Operations
- NFPA 424, Guide for Airport/Community Emergency Planning
- NFPA 472, Standard for Competence of Responders to Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Incidents
- NFPA 909, Code for the Protection of Cultural Resource Properties - Museums, Libraries, and Places of Worship
- NFPA 921, Guide for Fire and Explosion Investigations
- NFPA 1144, Standard for Reducing Structure Ignition Hazards from Wildland Fire
- NFPA 1616, Standard for Mass Evacuation and Sheltering
- NFPA 1961, Standard on Fire Hose
- NFPA 1992, Standard on Liquid Splash-Protective Ensembles and Clothing for Hazardous Materials Emergencies
The deadline for submissions of public input using the online submission system for Fall 2016 documents is January 5, 2015.
Public input is a suggested revision to a proposed new or existing NFPA Standard submitted during the Input stage in accordance with Section 4.3 of the Regulations Governing the Development of NFPA Standards.