NFPA documents in the Annual 2017 revision cycle are now accepting public input through NFPA's online submission system.
To submit public input using the online submission system, select the document from the list of NFPA codes and standards or search for documents available for public input using the search feature. Once on the document information page of a specific document, select "The next edition of this standard is now open for Public Input (formerly proposals)" to begin the process. The system automatically pulls in text and shows any changes. You can submit input or start and save your work before the closing date. Review further instructions on how to use the online submission system
If you have any questions when using the online submission system, feel free to contact us by email.
Some of the Annual 2017 revision cycle documents:
- NFPA 3, Recommended Practice for Commissioning of Fire Protection and Life Safety Systems
- NFPA 4, Standard for Integrated Fire Protection and Life Safety System Testing
- NFPA 30, Flammable and Combustible Liquids Code
- NFPA 54, National Fuel Gas Code
- NFPA 99, Health Care Facilities Code
- NFPA 101, Life Safety Code®
- NFPA 301, Code for Safety to Life from Fire on Merchant Vessels
- NFPA 402, Guide for Aircraft Rescue and Fire-Fighting Operations
- NFPA 484, Standard for Combustible Metals
- NFPA 720, Standard for the Installation of Carbon Monoxide(CO) Detection and Warning Equipment
- NFPA 1500, Standard on Fire Department Occupational Safety and Health Program
- NFPA 1801, Standard on Thermal Imagers for the Fire Service
- NFPA 1936, Standard on Powered Rescue Tools
- NFPA 5000, Building Construction and Safety Code®
The closing date for online submissions of public input for Annual 2017 documents is July 6, 2015.
Public input is a suggested revision to a proposed new or existing NFPA Standard submitted during the Input stage in accordance with Section 4.3 of the Regulations Governing the Development of NFPA Standards.