The NFPA Standards Council met on October 28-29, 2014 in Nashville, Tennessee. At the meeting, some of the following items were addressed by the Council:
- an appeal on a proposed TIA to NFPA 70, 2014 edition on 517.41(E)
- issuance of proposed TIAs on NFPA 70, 400, 1851, 1951, and 1971
- new projects/documents on hybrid, gas, and fire water droplet systems; fire-based community healthcare provider (FBCHP) program.
- consideration of a request from the Committee to enter new document, NFPA 1986, Standard on Respiratory Protection Equipment for Technical and Tactical Operations, into revision cycle.
- consideration requests from Committees to change revision cycle schedules and committee scopes
The NFPA Standards Council is a 13-person committee appointed by the NFPA Board of Directors that oversees the Association's codes and standards development activities, administers the rules and regulations, and acts as an appeals body. The Council administers about 250 NFPA Technical Committees and their work on nearly 300 documents addressing topics of importance to the built environment.