The NFPA Standards Council will be meeting on August 11-14, 2014 at NFPA Headquarters in Quincy, Massachusetts. At this meeting, some of the topics the Council will address include:
- appeals on the issuance of NFPA 1, NFPA 54, and NFPA 101
- issuance of the Annual 2014 documents with Certified Amending Motions
- issuance of proposed TIAs on NFPA 1, NFPA 10, NFPA 37, NFPA 45, NFPA 58, NFPA 70, NFPA 70E, NFPA 85, NFPA 99, NFPA 101, NFPA 102, NFPA 400, NFPA 402, NFPA 1192, NFPA 1952, NFPA 1963, NFPA 5000
- new projects/documents on selection, care, and maintenance of tactical operations video equipment; selection, care, and maintenance (SCAM) of wildland firefighting clothing and equipment; Community Risk Reduction (CRR) plan; professional practices for facility fire safety planning and fire safety directors.
- consider requests from Committees to enter new documents NFPA 1616, Standard on Mass Evacuation and Sheltering Program, and NFPA 1072, Standard for Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Emergency Response Personnel Professional Qualifications, into revision cycles.
- consider requests from Committees to change revision cycle schedules and committee scopes
The NFPA Standards Council is a 13-person committee appointed by the NFPA Board of Directors that oversees the Association's codes and standards development activities, administers the rules and regulations, and acts as an appeals body. The Council administers about 250 NFPA Technical Committees and their work on nearly 300 documents addressing topics of importance to the built environment.